Thank you for your interest in presenting at the Future of Museums Conference. The conference will be held online on July 24th, 2014. It will be free to attend, and everyone is encouraged to submit a presentation proposal, including first-time presenters.
Presentations must be non-commercial. For profit entities need to be sponsors to present. Interest in commercial sponsorship or presentations should be directed to Steve Hargadon at email@example.com.
Proposals can be submitted from May 15th - July 21st, 2014, and we will begin accepting proposals after June 1st. We encourage you to submit your proposal as early as possible because as soon as a proposal is accepted, you are given the ability to select from the available presentation times. The time choices become increasingly limited closer to the event. You may submit more than one proposal, but we will give priority to providing as many presenters the chance to present as possible.
Your presentation proposal, once submitted, will be listed on the Future of Museums website, with the opportunity for members of this network to view, comment on, and/or "like" your presentation proposal. This will give you and the other members of this site the chance to share ideas and to make connections before, during, and after the conference. Additionally, it will allow us to gauge the popularity of your topic or approach. It is our intention that all serious proposals be given the opportunity to be presented.
Presentations should be at least 20 minutes in length, and all sessions must be completed (including Q&A) within one hour. All sessions will be held in the Blackboard Collaborate online platform (previously Elluminate/Wimba).
You will be responsible for familiarizing yourself with the web conferencing platform. Please plan to attend a one hour live training session to prepare for your presentation. To practice, you can also sign up for a free Collaborate trial room at http://www.WeCollaborate.com.
All presentations will be recorded and released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. For more information, please visit: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/). By submitting to present, you are agreeing to these terms.
You can indicate one or more conference strands when you submit your presentation. Your presentation does not have to fit into the conference strands to be considered--the strands exist for the convenience of those interested in finding particular types of sessions. The strand names and tags are given below:
How to Submit Your Proposal
Please follow these instructions carefully. It is your responsibility to make sure your presentation proposal is submitted correctly. You must be signed up on the Future of Museums network and be logged in to submit your proposal.
1. Join the conference presenters group to receive general emails for those who have submitted proposals.
2. Copy the following text to your computer's clipboard (highlight and Ctrl+C/Cmd+C on your computer):
Your Name and Title:
Museum or Organization Name:
Area of the World from Which You Will Present:
Language in Which You Will Present:
Short Session Description (one line):
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
3. Click here to open a new forum discussion post.
4. Title your discussion post with the title of your proposed session.
5. Paste the template text (Ctrl+V/Cmd+V) copied in Step 2 into the body of the discussion forum post.
6. Fill in the session information according to the template. If you separate your answers with a blank line and make the questions text bold, it will make your proposal easier to read.
7. In the Category drop-down field, check to make sure the category is Future of Museums Submissions
8. In the tags field, use the strand tag code from above for the strand to which you are submitting your proposal. Tags are optional, and you are welcome to use multiple tags to describe your session.
9. Click the Add Discussion button to save your proposal.
You are able to modify your proposal after it has been saved and up until it has been accepted by clicking on the Options button in your proposal.
If you need to change your proposal after acceptance, please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.